Today I really wanted to use the Raw Beauty Kristi Colourpop collab but I also really wanted to use the second Morphe Jaclyn Hill collab. Fortunately, the two compliment each other!
I pulled crease colors from the Jaclyn Hill palette and the lower lash line color.f
From the Colourpop palette, I pulled darker colors to add depth to the look and the lid colors.
I wanted to blend Evergreen into West Coast to the out end but West Coast was too yellow gold for what I wanted to i layered Evergreen on top instead.
Other products used:
- WetNWild Photofocus foundation dewy in Golden Beige. I usually go for matte but this has the perfect satin finish, not dewy at all!
- Maybelline age rewind in 120 light. I used to really like this but lately it’s been feeling dry on my skin
- Marc Jacobs Finish Line powder
- Doll 10 Popstar Peach. I usually use this under powder but I forgot and figured I’d try it over. I didn’t notice any affect on my foundation but it made for a much brighter blush when I layered a powder over it. This was a Jen Phelps, on YouTube, recommendation and it’s hands down one of the best formulas. In not sure how I feel about the scent though. It’s a nice, yummy vanilla but it feels weird applying it to my face. I haven’t noticed it affecting my skin though
- WetNWild Mellow Wine blush over to set (can skip two blushes but I don’t)
- Smashbox Cali Contour palette for bronzer/contour and highlight. I like but don’t love. I want to love this palette so I keep it around
- Urban Decay Horchata lipstick – the vice lipsticks were reformulated and the new ones are some of the most hydrating matte lipsticks I’ve tried
- WetNWild Brow Sessive in Medium Brown. This is $1.99 on Target’s website and Amazon. I’ve really been loving this pencil, it’s soft and blends is perfect for my needs – which is just to fill in and brush out
- Essence lash princess mascara – the purple one
Hope everyone has a happy Thursday
Recently I’ve gotten more into single shadows and depotting my palettes.
I love being able to see so many options to chose from.
Buying singles also gives me the opportunity to try more brands, especially indie brands that only sell single shadows.
This is also a great way to utilize more than one palette and brand.
For than look I used the following shadows:
- Colourpop – Zested, West Side
- Makeup Geek – Cocoa Bear, Steampunk
- Sydney Grace – Golden Wheat, Aim High
To bring out a little more of the lilac I used Colourpop Piggy Bank gel liner.
I’d love to know what others think of using singles!
Returning to work after a nice long break has thrown me off balance so today is the first day I’ve done a full face of makeup.
I’ve been wanting to revisit CP Sandstone since the color story is easy to use
For skincare, today I used:
- Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
- Saturday Skin Pore Clarifying Toner and Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream
- FRUDIA Citrus Brightening Toner
- Fresh Kombucha Treatment Essence
- Dr Denese HydroShield Moisturizing Face Serum
- Tatcha Indigo Cream
- Dr Jardt+ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment (works amazing for redness!)
I like to switch up my face wash, toner, essence serums and creams but I usually try to incorporate what I listed above.
For makeup I used:
- P Louise base in Rumour 2
- Colourpop Santstone palette (I indicted the colors used in the picture above)
- Natasha Denona Magic Primer
- Tatcha The Pearl in Soft Light
- Makeup Forever
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette
- Elf putty blush in Bali
- Maybelline Fit Me Age Rewind Concealer in
- Laura Mercier Loose setting powder in Translucent
- Wet n Wild Photofocus Loose powder in Medium (my favorite!)
- KimChi Bronzer in
- Colourpop blush in Parakeet and highlighter in Made Me Do It
- Pat McGrath Dark Star Volumizing Mascara
Happy Black Friday if you’ve gotten up, or will get up, in hopes of finding all the good deals.
I’m a little sad to say there isn’t really anything that has captured my attention this year. It could be because I still have so much unpacking to do that adding more boxes seems like too much, lol.
For today’s look I used the Melt Cosmetics Rust palette. These gorgeous colors are perfect for fall looks and the quality is superb.
The colors I used were (in order): Erode/ Rust/ Mar/ Rott along upper and lower lash line
The shimmers are all beautiful, even though I much prefer the mattes in the palette, but I wanted to use something brighter.
For the lid I used Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Campfire; part of the collaboration with RawBeautyKristi.
I was able to use Rott on a flat definer brush as eyeliner and I loved the effect it had.
For my highlight I used the Jaclyn Cosmetics highlighter quad. I used the Colourpop lippie stix Beeper and CP CA Love lux lipstick.
How was your week? Are you doing any shopping this Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
I intended to have this up Friday but, I forgot >.<.
My plan is to post at least every Mondays and Fridays and sometimes Wednesdays. Check back Monday to see if that happens! Lol
For this look I used the Morphe 18B, Making Bank, palette
This is an 18 pan palette that comes in a cardboard palette and has a mirror. It’s no longer available but it was an $18 palette that I probably purchased on sale.
Overall, I enjoy Morphe eyeshadows. They are a bit on the dry side, you can see how dusty the upper left olive color is, but I find them easy to work with.
I love the way the crease colors blended together with the yellow and olive to lighten up the look but the star is the bottom right color. I applied the color over NYX glitter primer on the inner 2/3rds of my eyelid. It doesn’t look like much in the pan but it has a duochrome finish that shifts color depending on how the light hits it. This look reminded me why I love Morphe shadows so much.
I used my standard Essence Lash Princess mascara and this face trio by Pop Beauty that I got in a Boxycharm pop-up sale. The bronzer and blush look shimmery in the pans but when you apply them they have a nice finish, not shimmery or glittery and it doesn’t emphasize texture.
- Morphe 18B shades: Check Please/ Cash or Card/ Jackpot/ C-Note/ Make It Rain/ Bazillionaire/ Rake It In/ Deposits
- Beauty by POPSUGAR Trio Time Face in Coffee Break
- Essence Lash Princess Scultped Volume
As much as I love seeing creative holiday looks and would like to be more adventurous and editorial with my makeup I don’t foresee myself doing it anytime soon. That doesn’t mean I can enjoy a good Halloween collection though!
Last year Makeup Revolution released the Forever Flawless Haunted House palette and, after missing out on it the first go around, I decided to purchase it. Even if it was just because of the tin, oops >.<
Fortunately, the color story is something I can work with and the quality matches the rest of their Forever Flawless line.
I don’t limit palettes to seasons so have used this throughout the year but I did chose this as one of my monthly palettes for this month.
Something I noticed and was excited about it, is that within this palette I can see how my comfort levels have changed.
Last year I wound have completely stayed away from Decrepit, Petrify, Creepy and Undead but this year they were the first colors I gravitated to!
- Peril in the crease blending up towards the brow
- Decrepit in the crease, keeping it lower than Peril and blending it in the outer 1/3 of my lid building it up on the outer 1/3
- Added Petrify to 1/3 of my lid to darken it up more, blending it towards the center of my lid
- I used NYX Glitter Primer on the inner half of my lid focusing it more in the inner 1/3, patting it on. Wait a few seconds to let out dry
- Apply Creak over primer with my finger or flat brush gently swiping it when you get to the center of the lid towards the outer edge to blend between the shimmer and matte shade
- Clean up under the eye for any fallout, do remainder of face
- Peril all over lash line
- Decrepit in outer 1/3 lower last blending towards center
- With my eye closed I took a small dense brush and applied Nightmare at my upper and lower lash line to darken it up a bit and give a blurred liner look
- Afterwards I took a thin flat liner brush and tight lined my upper lash with Decrepit (but the brush and product tight into my lash line)
- Applied Phantom between Peril and my eyebrow
- Took a lip brush, I like these because they’re small and tightly packed which makes them perfect for picking up and precisely placing product in an area, and used Creep in the inner corner to add some brightness to the look
Did you pick up this palette? Or are you picking up this year’s?
Hope everyone has a great rest of their day and week!
I told myself I didn’t need or want this palette but here we are.
I personally love most of Morphe’s palettes and this one is no exception. Even though it is much cooler toned than I’m used to, I still find this easy to use and combine colors with.
Full list of products used:
Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer
Natasha Denona Magic primer
Sunday Riley Juno Face Oil
Mamonde Floral Hydro Cream
CYO Cosmetics Foundation
Measurable Difference Concealer correction
Maybelline Age Rewind in 112
Laura Mercier Loose setting powder in translucent
Almay loose setting powder in 200 Light
Morphe 35C Cute Shoes/Total Mood/My Pleasure /Thx It’s New /Fashionably Late
Lower lash: Call Me Gorg/On You
OFRA Pink Lady very lightly layered over a lighter pink blush
It Cosmetics Humble (matte)
How do you feel about Morphe palettes? Do you have this one?
Primer: Tatcha Liquid Silk Canvas primer and Marc Jacobs Under(Cover) Perfecting Coconut primer
Face: Covergirl Full Spectrum Matte Ambition All Day Foundation. I think I have the lightest shade in this collection, definitely made for more melanin rich peeps.
Measurable Difference Concealer Collection. We received this in a Boxycharm box three years ago and I’ve kept this since then, still plastic wrapped. I love how well this product performs! I used it for contouring, bronzing and concealer
Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder for under the eyes and NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop powder for all over
ABH Contour Kit powder
Smashbox Bronze Lights Warm Matte
Colourpop Interstellar pressed blush
Marc Jacob’s Gilty O!Mega Glaze All-Over Foil Luminizer NYX glitter primer for the lid area where I applied the shimmer shade
Shadows: Tempting/ Flame Game/ Red Alert/ Power Play/ Trance
@nyxcosmetics Fill and Fluff in Espresso
Tarte Big Ego Mascara
Kylie Cosmetics Madeline
The NYX glitter primer made a big difference in how the shimmer shade applied and how long it stayed on!
During the VIB Rouge sale I picked up as many things as I could and as many as I could think I would need for a while (I’ll make another post about everything I got🙈)
One of the items was this Guerlain Terracotta Trio Contour palette in Natural
I’ve never tried Guerlain and was afraid the palette would be too small to comfortably use but it’s the perfect size!
I was so impressed that I took a picture just of my contour to send a friend
It’s currently sold out but I would highly recommend keeping an eye on it if you still have coupons at Sephora
The colors glided on beautifully and blended to perfection 😍