I have to start by saying how surprised I am to have gotten my order so quickly!
Being such a Disney fan I knew I was going to get this as collection as soon as they announced it so I placed my order first thing Monday morning and by Tuesday evening (today) it was here!
I didn’t purchase the eyeshadow palette because I needed something to ask for as a Christmas present, lol!
The packaging on these is so beautiful.
ince they just arrived I haven’t had a chance to try everything so I’ll only be reviewing the Zero to Hero collection.
The highlight is a beautiful sheer Lilac highlight with a small amount of glitter. It’s a pressed highlight and does feel and look a little more powdery than their super shock highlights. I wasn’t able to get a good picture of a swatch but here are the swatches from Colourpop’s website
The collection includes highlights and blushes. If the blushes are anything like Colourpop’s typical pressed blush I know I’ll love them.
I was intrigued by the liquid lipsticks given that they’re a new “Lux Liquid Lipstick” formula
This is Wonderboy
I love the color and the feel is so soft! It feels almost moussey? It glides on very smoothly and pigmented. It has a very, very light smell, almost vanilla but it’s so light I might be making that up.
It isn’t transfer proof and I can tell I’ll have to reapply throughout the day but the formula feels light enough I don’t think I’ll mind.
Overall I would highly recommend the lux liquid lipstick and I’ll have to use the highlighters and blushes to see if I recommend them.
If you’re a Disney nut like me though, you’ll probably get the collection too!
Idk what it was about this palette but it just spoke to me 😍 (what palette doesn’t? 😂)
Here are eye swatches of all the colors
B2 was the most patchy for sure, B1 was weirdly patchy too.
All the shimmers were applied with my finger and the others with a packer brush
There are some brands I don’t mind paying extra for, while there are others I’m not very inspired by.
I was happy to see Huda Beauty had a 50% off sale and snagged The New Nude palette. I was interested in the moldy looking shades (not moldy just patches of white); they blend beautifully and are great shimmers.
The mattes where also pigmented and easy to blend as well. There was quite a bit of kickback but I personally don’t mind that.
I’ve been getting the Ipsy Glam Bag Plus for a couple of months now and so far I’ve been really impressed by the products I’ve received.
This month’s box included:
- Nomad Cosmetics Berlin Underground eyeshadow palette
- Glamglow Tropical Cleanser
- Illamasqua Antimatter Lipstick in Midnight
- Ciaté London Extraordinary translucent power
- Wander Beauty Frame Your Face Micro Brow Pencil in dark brown
My box arrived yesterday and since today is my day off I decided to play around with some of the products, specifically the eyeshadow palette and eyebrow pencil.
I had to use a different palette for an initial crease shade but the remaining six colors were all from the palette.
Overall I’m very impressed by the pigmentation, the blendability and how approachable this palette seemed.
The brow pencil is fine, I personally prefer bigger tips because I just use it to fill in my brows but overall I was able to use it and I liked the way my brows came out. The pigmentation was great, not too much and it didn’t feel waxy
I’m not sure if I’ll try out the remaining products or gift them since I already have so many of those products in rotation.
I’m very happy with this month’s box and would definitely recommend it!
If you’re interested in trying it here’s my code you can use to sign up, or you can sign up on your own.
Get Ipsy Now!
I will try to keep posting initial reviews as my boxes come in!
As much as I’m trying to keep strong on a no spend (I’ve failed in case anyone wanted an updated), I can’t resist the Sephora 20% off sales I get as a Rouge member.
Here are the goodies I picked up
I can honestly say I needed none of this but, here we are.
There were some deals that were too good to resist – Lila and Desert Dusk palettes were on sale and the 20% was on top of that – and there were others that I had been wanting to get for a while so I knew it was a real want versus an impulsive buy (only the Just Peachy palette haha)
- I love the Patrick Ta fan, it’s practical and makes me feel fancy but you can get away with a much more inexpensive fan
- The Lila palette has the same great pigment and smoothness as all other Natasha Denona palettes
- I’m really enjoying the Natasha Denona nude lipsticks. They are lightweight and have a matte finish that isn’t drying
- The Caudalie overnight detox oil is conflicting, it smells terrible. My boyfriend thinks it smells great so I don’t think I got a bad one but to me it’s an awful smell. I’m trying to keep using it to see if there is a difference in my skin but even if it works I don’t think I’ll be reourchssing this, ever.
- Farsali ubdereye product has a very nice smell and leaves my under eye area feeling fresh, hydrated and illuminated. I’m really enjoying this product.
- The One Palette has good pigmentation and blends well, if you’re looking for a clean beauty palette I’d definitely recommend this one
- Cover FX blush has great pigment and blends nicely. It comes with a matte side and a shimmer side which isn’t glittery
- Korres oil, I purchased this in the hopes of finding something to replace the Tatcha beauty oil that I love but is $45 more than this oil and while this is a nice oil it doesn’t compare the the beauty oil so I don’t think I would buy this again
Even though I’ve been wanting the Just Peachy palette since it was released I have yet to use it (a no spend is really needed).
Overall I’m happy with my choices but I think it’s safe to say I’ll be able to skip shopping for makeup and skincare until at least the spring sale :).
I didn’t actually leave the house today but that didn’t meant I wasn’t going to play with makeup.
I used the Makeup Revolution Reloaded Red Alert Palette which I got a few weeks back on sale at Ulta. It’s currently back on sale for $4.90 US
I use Tarte BB Tinted Primer in Medium instead of foundation and Maybelline Loose Setting Powder in Medium 25.
I received The Balm In the Balm of Your Hands Greatest Hits Vol 2 in my Ipsy Glam Bag Plus this month and used a blush, the bronzer and the highlight in the palette.
For the lips I decided to step out of my comfort zone with Whatchamacallit Lippie Pencil and Partly Rowdy juicy lip gloss, the pencil alone is too drying and I don’t have any other lip product that color.
At the end I added KISS lashes in Ritzy to add a pop to the look.
I love the Reloaded palettes but I definitely had some issues picking up the dark purple I used in the outer edges of my lids.
The blush and bronzer in The Balm palette are lighter than I like so next time I’ll try to build them up more and see how it looks
I picked up the Makeup Revolution Forever Flawless Decadence a while back when they were buy 2 get 1 free at Ulta but I hadn’t used it until today.
I love the color scheme and based on previous palettes I have I was looking forward to using this.
The palette didn’t disappoint at all! The colors are pigmented and easy to blend. There is kickback from the shades but I personally love that so it doesn’t bother me at all.
Overall I’m really happy with how this palette performed and am looking forward to using it again and again!