As much as I love seeing creative holiday looks and would like to be more adventurous and editorial with my makeup I don’t foresee myself doing it anytime soon. That doesn’t mean I can enjoy a good Halloween collection though!
Last year Makeup Revolution released the Forever Flawless Haunted House palette and, after missing out on it the first go around, I decided to purchase it. Even if it was just because of the tin, oops >.<
Fortunately, the color story is something I can work with and the quality matches the rest of their Forever Flawless line.
I don’t limit palettes to seasons so have used this throughout the year but I did chose this as one of my monthly palettes for this month.
Something I noticed and was excited about it, is that within this palette I can see how my comfort levels have changed.
Last year I wound have completely stayed away from Decrepit, Petrify, Creepy and Undead but this year they were the first colors I gravitated to!
- Peril in the crease blending up towards the brow
- Decrepit in the crease, keeping it lower than Peril and blending it in the outer 1/3 of my lid building it up on the outer 1/3
- Added Petrify to 1/3 of my lid to darken it up more, blending it towards the center of my lid
- I used NYX Glitter Primer on the inner half of my lid focusing it more in the inner 1/3, patting it on. Wait a few seconds to let out dry
- Apply Creak over primer with my finger or flat brush gently swiping it when you get to the center of the lid towards the outer edge to blend between the shimmer and matte shade
- Clean up under the eye for any fallout, do remainder of face
- Peril all over lash line
- Decrepit in outer 1/3 lower last blending towards center
- With my eye closed I took a small dense brush and applied Nightmare at my upper and lower lash line to darken it up a bit and give a blurred liner look
- Afterwards I took a thin flat liner brush and tight lined my upper lash with Decrepit (but the brush and product tight into my lash line)
- Applied Phantom between Peril and my eyebrow
- Took a lip brush, I like these because they’re small and tightly packed which makes them perfect for picking up and precisely placing product in an area, and used Creep in the inner corner to add some brightness to the look
Did you pick up this palette? Or are you picking up this year’s?
Hope everyone has a great rest of their day and week!